It’s critical to get the word out that homegrown small businesses are essential to providing a healthy, innovative local economy creating jobs and opportunities while generating wealth.
“Shopping local is important all year-round, but this time of year more than ever as our retailers get one last push before the slow season to get through the year,” said Sara Berns, Executive Director of Discover Pacific Beach. “Shopping local means the stores you love to see in your neighborhood will ‘stay’ in your neighborhood. But even more so, it means jobs for your local community members and students and money that stays in the community, while strengthening the support between the businesses and the community-at-large.”
Added Berns: “When your school has a fundraiser, a local shop will support it. Or, when your community group is looking for a venue to host their next meeting — a local business will be there. Shopping local is a long-term investment in Pacific Beach.”
In Pacific Beach, you can find a multitude of businesses ranging from specialty stores and retail, restaurants, salons, auto services, bike shops and many more. Throughout the business district, you can find numerous options to buy the perfect gift, a great outfit for the holidays and any other service you may need!
Pacific Beach also has a Farmers’ Market every Tuesday from 2-7pm on Bayard and Garnet Ave. You can choose to shop local at the Farmers’ Market to help support local San Diego farmers with a variety of produce and provisions, artisans and local food products like cheese, and dips and spreads.
Here are just some of the great shop local deals happening around Pacific Beach this holiday season. You can find all the Shop Local Deals on our social media outlets like Facebook.com/DiscoverPacificBeach. Remember to put your money where your home is and everyone benefits:
- The Fabulous Rag Boutique is running a holiday special on dresses for the weekend of December 22-24th! Visit them at their new location just next door at 829 Garnet Ave
- Beads and More was established in the Spring of 1992 and just finished celebrating their 25th anniversary. They have been serving the community ever since with beautiful beads from around the world, unique one-of-a-kind handmade jewelry, jewelry-making classes, and jewelry repair. Beads and More is the perfect place to look for a thoughtful gift this Holiday Season
- California Sock Company has the largest STANCE collection in San Diego. They also have 2500+ styles of Novelty Socks, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, Marvel, DC, and business casual socks. Socks are the most fun and easiest Christmas gift you can get. Come on in and Put A Smile On Your Feet. CaliforniaSockCompany.com FB & IG @California Sock Company
- At Play It Again Sports – Pacific Beach – San Diego, CA, we specialize in action sports like surf, snowboard, skateboard, bicycles, inline skates, SUP’s and dive. We also feature golf, lacrosse, soccer, baseball and a ton of yard/beach games. A huge selection of NEW and USED bikes, sports and fitness equipment awaits your visit. Please visit our website for the current promotion http://www.playitagainsportssd.com/promotions
- Tilcia Studios – Pilates – Art – Lifestyle wants you to give the gift of Health & Wellbeing this Holiday Season! Choose a Pilates Private Session at Tilcia Studio’s Boutique Pilates Studio on Cass Street for your loved one who already has everything *Holiday Special – 1 Hour Private Session $65 (valued at $85-$95) Expires 1 year from purchase date, valid only for new clients
- Hammond’s Gourmet Ice Cream would like to provide 25% off the entire order when customers show your shop local shop to our employees or if they mention “Shop Local”. This only applies to the Pacific Beach location.